For those who did not know much about Kenya’s biggest activist, Boniface Mwangi, this is a chance for you to have a look at him career achievements in his life as upto the current moment.
Have a look below :-
• New African 100 Most Influential Africans of 2014
• Temple University USA-Society of Emerging African Leaders Award 2013
Senior Ted Fellow 2013
• Prince Claus Laureate 2012
• My post election violence work is been used in 12 African countries as a tool for reconciliation. Picha Mtaani traveling exhibitions has been seen by over 2 million people in Kenya.
• Solo Exhibitions in Germany, USA. Presented my work at UN.
• Lectured at University of Delaware, University of San Francisco,Duke University, Kennesaw University, Neue-Schule-Berlin,University of Dar es Salaam, Rutgers University and University of Bayreuth-Germany.
• NYU/Magnum Foundation Human Rights Fellow 2011
• FotoEvidence Book Award Special Mention 2011
• Acumen Fellow 2011
• TED FELLOW 2010
• Winner; CNN Multichoice Africa Photojournalist of the Year 2010
• Winner: Foreign Correspondents Association E.A Photo of the Year 2010
• Commended by Hillary Clinton USA secretary of State 2009
• Highly Commended CNN multichoice African journalist of the year 2009- Mohammed Amin photographic award.
• Winner CNN multichoice African journalist of the year 2008- Mohammed Amin photographic award.
• Award of excellence the American pictures of the year international 2008
• Short-listed for Sony world photography award 2008.
• Won third prize in the world health Organisation photo contest in the images of health and disability 2007.
• Kenya journalist of the year awards: most promising young talent of the year and most promising young photographer of the year 2004.
• Exhibited at the Alliance Francaise de Nairobi and over 10 cities in Kenya, Godown arts centre, Ethiopia and in New York at the tank art studio.