Amani is a swahili word that implies peace and peacefulness, the break just prior to a tempest.
Here, we have analyzed singer Cecilia Wairimu’s since to date Biography as and accordingly. Have a look below
Begun singing, performing and taking an interest in chapel ability looks at the youthful age of six.
At grade school level was creating melodies and built up a sharp enthusiasm for verse to the degree of taking an interest and winning in a few national rivalries.
In secondary school shaped an accapella bunch called Sobriety that went further to record a solitary on finishing school at the studio then known as sound volt.
Went solo in 1999 and amid that year was acquainted with music power house Ogopa Deejays by Redsan. Recorded and discharged ‘move on’ a shock radio hit that went to end up one of the principal kenyan titles to top fm radio diagrams.
In 2000 recorded “Tahidi” a title that was included on the collection Ogopa 1 ‘Kenyan Club Classics’. In 2002 did a joint effort with Nameless on the unequaled raving success “Ninanoki” that presented her as a major association East African artiste. Ninanoki went ahead to end up the one of the greatest melody in East and Southern Africa for 2 sequential years turning into an exemplary in its own right.
In 2003 recorded and released “Papi” a title that was included in the big name collection Ogopa 2 what’s more, was gotten very well in Uganda, Tanzania and Malawi. In 2004 recorded and discharged ‘Converse with you’ a cooperation with Bigpin what’s more, Patonee. ‘Converse with you’ turned into the most asked for tune on radio in 2004, besting all graphs and breaking the R n B limit that had turned out to be so slippery for some Kenyan female artistes. Her presentation collection Amani was released in 2006 and was trailed by Tamani Moving music with the different appearances of adoration as a focal topic.
Alleviating songs that elevates the spirit and psyche. Consolidate this with a charging stage execution and you have the breathtaking Amani.
She won the Best Female classification at the 2009 MAMA MTV Music recompenses.
* 1993: National victor verse composing and verse talking.
* 1994: Provincial victor verse composing and verse talking.
* 1995: Provincial victor verse composing and verse representing third back to back year.
* 2006 Kisima Music Awards – Female Artiste of the year
* 2006 Kisima Music Awards – Collabo of the year (“Bad Boy” with Nyashiski)
* 2006 CHAT Awards – Favorite Female Artiste
* 2006 CHAT Awards – Favorite Song
* 2006 CHAT Awards – Favorite Collabo
* 2007 Kisima Music Awards – Boomba Female
* 2009 MTV Africa Music Awards – Best Female
* 2002 CHAT Awards
* 2008 Tanzania Music Awards – Best East African Song
* 2008 Channel O Music Video Awards – Best R&B video in Africa (“Missing My Baby”)
* 2008 Channel O Music Video Awards – Best East African Song (“Missing My Baby”)
What you didn’t know
Genuine name: Cecilia Wairimu.
Date of conception: 28th Nov
Most loved Color: Burgundy
Apparel line: Amani
Fragrance: Dunhill wish
Exhibitions Include Kenya, Uganda and Tanzania. Prominent occasions incorporate “Tumefika” show in 2003 at Carnivore-going to limit 10,000-smirnoff ice summer jam, and execution for The President of Ghana in 2004.