President Uhuru Kenyatta on Monday disclosed the Jubilee Party that leads the Kenyan nation, pay proclamation in an alluring and glamorous event at the Safaricom Indoor arena, Kasarani on Monday, 26th June 2017.
In his discourse, the president promised to switch the negatives experienced in his initially term in office.
The following are ten things the Jubilee government has guaranteed in its road to August 8th General Elections manifesto declaration.
1. Create 1.3 million jobs every year and work with county governments to establish at least one industry in every county.
2. Establish a Government-sponsored apprenticeship programme of up to 12 months for all graduates from universities and Technical, Vocational and Education Training Institutes (TVET).
3. Double the number of vulnerable citizens supported through the cash transfer programme (Inua Jamii). This will include all citizens above the age of 70. They will also be provided with a health insurance cover through the NHIF.
4. Expand the free public school programme to include free public secondary schools in Kenya.
5. Facilitate mass housing production of at least 500,000 affordable homes in five years across the country.
6. Expand free maternity care to include government-funded NHIF cover for every new births for one year.
7. Ensure every citizen is connected to reliable and affordable electricity by 2020.
8. Expand food and agriculture production, double the fertilizer subsidy initiative and reduce the cost to farmers to less than sh1,500.
9. Complete the 57 large-scale dam construction programme, support small-holder agricultural irrigation and work with the private sector to enhance food and agriculture production on at least 1.2 million acres.
10. Make government more transparent and accountable through the digitization of all government procurement, expand and deliver government services through the growing network of Huduma Centres.