Maryland Global Initiative Corporation (MGIC) is a partner of College or University of Maryland, Baltimore (UMB).
UMB has a Global Health Program which is conveyed through the Maryland Global Initiative Corporation (MGIC) and housed by different foundations among them the Institute of Human Virology (IHV).
MGIC is looking for a reasonably qualified individual ready to fill the position of Laboratory Technologist, under the Boresha Maabara Gift.
Boresha Maabara Award: “BORESHA MAABARA” (progress research facility administrations) is a five (5) year venture subsidized through the US Government Centre for Disease Control and Avoidance (CDC) under the President’s Emergency Plan for Aids Relwif (PEPFAR).
The task tries to improve indicative testing for the counteractive action, observation and treatment of irresistible illnesses, for example, HIV and tuberculosis, and other HIV-related artful diseases.
The task is executed together by the Ministry of Health, National Public Health Research facility Administrations, National Blood Transfusion Administration also, the separate counties Governments services.
Under the supervision of Research facility Administrator/Chief, the Research facility Technologists will bolster the atomic and immunology business related to HIV including routine research center support obligations.
Laboratory Technologists Job Duties and Responsibilities
– Perform all aspects of HIV viral load/EID laboratory testing work necessary to support diagnosis and Patient monitoring on Roche CAP/CTM; Abbott M2000 and Roche C8800 platforms
– Perform all aspects of CD4 T-Lymphocyte cell count of HIV infected individuals blood using the BD FACS Calibur platform
– Ensure adequate stock of reagents and other consumables are available and track usage
– Oversee Day to Day laboratory QC/QA in the performance of assigned duties
– Record test results obtained in an organized and timely manner and write summary reports.
– Document all problems encountered with samples/equipment and forward them for action as directed by seniors.
– Observe at all times GCP/GCLP to ensure quality work is attained
– Facilitate PT testing and other EQA schemes as recommended by the quality assurance officer
– Support validation of new HIV testing protocols or platforms
– Contributing to program monitoring and evaluation
– Support the laboratory in achieving and maintaining ISO 15189:2012 accreditation for medical laboratories
– Ensure proper operational procedures and laboratory safety precautions are maintained and adhered to in the laboratory
Required Qualifications for Laboratory Technicians, Technologists Jobs
Upper Second Class Honors Bachelor’s degree in biological sciences or related courses.
Experience in carrying out basic PCR testing for HIV.
Diagnosis or Viral Load Testing, and CD4 enumeration technology.
Minimum laboratory experience of two (2) years in a busy laboratory dealing with molecular and immunology work related to HIV.
Understanding of molecular testing in relation to key HIV/TB tests.
Pleasant personality, flexibility, team player, ability to solve problems, work with minimal supervision.
Ability to work independently, under pressure while at the same time adhering to strict deadlines.
Excellent interpersonal and communication skills (oral and written).
Excellent analytical skills, presentation and problem solving skills.
Innovative with a high degree of initiative
Excellent organizational skills.
Excellent communication skills.
If you meet the above qualifications, you are requested to send your application and CV to firstname.lastname@example.org by July 1, 2016.
Recommended Stories You May Like:-