M-Pesa is a money transfer portal that is powered by Safaricom network communication company. It was founded more than 7-10 years ago. Currently, serving as the fastest money transfer platform in east and central Africa.
Below are some facts about it or what you should know if you are using it or interested in this subscription.
M-PESA charges will depend on the amount you are sending or withdrawing. You can use your M-PESA menu to buy airtime for your phone, or for someone else. This service is free and you will only pay for the airtime purchased.
– Maximum Account Balance is KSh 100,000
– Maximum Daily Transaction Value is KSh 140,000.Maximum per transaction is KSh 70,000
– You cannot withdraw less than KSh 50 at an M-PESA agent outlet
– To transact, your Safaricom line and M-PESA account must be active
– At an agent outlet, you cannot deposit money directly into another M-PESA customer’s account
– You earn Bonga points when you transact on M-PESA.
– To register or transact at any M-PESA Agent outlet, you will be required to produce your original identification document, i.e., National ID, Passport, Military ID, Diplomatic ID or Alien