Talk among his companions and particularly a few ‘industry insiders and heavyweights’ uncover that one of the solid explanations behind Nonini being a first rate artiste is the realness in him. A basic take a gander at his peers in the business uncovers that while the majority of them (his associates) battle to depict a picture of ‘in-your-face, hard life’, and so forth, they appear ‘plastic’. Nonini was evaluated as the one Kenyan artiste who summons his way of life and that of his companions and neighbors through his music.
There is no misrepresentation about him. It’s all REAL; his dialect, his conduct, his verses, his difficulties, and so forth. Everything originates from his heart.
A number of the various awards he won and besides all, that paced his way and journey to fame are as listed below:-
• Best Male Artiste of the Year (2004) at Chaguo la Teeniez Awards
Collaboration of the Year for ‘Si Lazima’ (2007)
• Chaguo la Teeniez Awards Group of the Year for ‘P-Unit’ (2007) Chaguo la Teeniez Awards Song of the Year for ‘Si Lazima’ (2007) Chaguo la Teeniez Awards
• Best Group (Punit) 2007 Kisima Awards Best Group (Punit) 2008 Chaguo La Teeniez Awards.
• Most sizzling Video 2008 Chaguo La Teeniez Awards.
Chaguo La Teeniez is simply ‘Teens Choice Awards’
• Nonini once endorsed a Motorola V550 phone during a Safaricom promotion through their (Safaricom) dealer Com21 Ltd.
• Nonini was once a celebrity breakfast presenter on the youth-oriented FM station Y FM, now Hot 96.